black bean & beefless chili
- 1 baggardein beefless tips
- 2 tblsp vegetable oil
- 1onion, diced 1/2in
- 3carrots, diced 1/2in
- 3celery stalks, diced 1/2in
- 1zucchini, diced 1/2in
- 1/2jalapeño, deveined, seeded and minced
- 1garlic clove, minced
- 2 tblspchili powder
- 1 tspground cumin
- 1 tspbasil
- 1bay leaf
- 1 tsporegano
- 1 tspsea salt
- 7 fl ozcooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 7 fl ozcooked kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cupfrozen corn
- 14 fl ozcooked black beans, drained and rinsed
- 28 fl ozdiced tomatoes, drained
- 1 tspchipotle in adobo, pureed
- 2 tblspchopped cilantro
- 1lime, zest and juice
- 49 fl oz vegetable stock
preparationIn a large pot, sauté onions, carrots, celery, zucchini, jalapeño pepper and garlic in oil until carrots are soft.
Add chili powder, ground cumin, salt, basil, bay leaf and oregano.
Cook for 5 minutes, add chickpeas, kidney beans, frozen corn, black beans, diced tomatoes, and chipotle pepper.
Add vegetable stock to cover vegetables and cook for 1 hour stirring often.
In sauté pan, caramelize gardein beefless tips on all sides until golden brown and add to chili after one hour.
Finish chili with chopped cilantro, lime zest and hand squeezed lime juice.