- 4 quartssalted water
- 2 tblspolive oil
- 1 breast and saucegardein tuscan chick'n
- 1 ozcremini mushrooms, stemmed and quartered
- 1 ozoyster mushrooms, stemmed 1/2" piece
- 1 ozchanterelle mushrooms, stemmed 1/2" piece
- 1 tblspshallots, minced
- 1/4 tspchili flakes
- 1 tblspdry white wine
- 6 ozroasted garlic tomato sauce (any brand)
- 6 ozwhole wheat spaghettini
- 1/2 tspparsley, chopped
- 1 tbspparmesan cheese or vegan option
- 1 tsptruffle oil
- 1/4 tspblack pepper
- basil sprig
preparationFor whole wheat spaghettini:
Bring to a boil 4 quarts of salted water. Follow cooking instructions on the box.
In a non-stick pan, heat 1 tblsp of olive oil over medium heat.
Sauté the gardein chick’n for 4-5 minutes on each side, giving a bit of color, reduce heat and add the tuscan sauce to the pan.
Bring sauce to a simmer, then transfer chick’n to cutting board and let stand 1 minute and cut. Meanwhile in a hot non stick frypan heat 1 tblsp olive oil over medium heat.
Sauté the mushrooms, shallots and crushed chilies over medium heat for 3 minutes until golden brown.
Deglaze with white wine and cook until wine reduces by half. Add tomato sauce and bring to a simmer for 2 minutes.
Add cooked spaghettini and toss to coat. Garnish with parsley, cheese, truffle oil, fresh cracked pepper and basil.
Serve with sliced gardein chick’n and tuscan sauce.
(To make 2 servings, double all ingredients).