If there’s something hot and fashionable in food, The New Potato is talking about it! From celebrity interviews to featured restauranteurs, they’ve got the scoop on the lifestyle of fashion and food. And their New Year wellness tip? Meatless Mondays with Gardein! This week we can’t wait to try their two new recipes: Greek Meatball-less Pitas with Tzatziki, and Black Bean Fries with Avocado Dipping Sauce.
Greek Meatball-less Pitas
– 1 Whole Wheat Pita, cut into half
– 4 Gardein Meatless Meatballs, cooked, cut into half
– 2 pieces Bibb Lettuce
– 1/8 cup Cucumber, sliced 1/4″ thick
– 1/8 cup Tomatoes, small diced
– 1 TBSP Hummus
– 1 TBSP Feta (Vegan substitute also works)
– Tzatziki Sauce, drizzled (Recipe Follows)
Spread hummus inside each pita half. Layer lettuce, cucumbers, meatballs, and tomatoes. Sprinkle feta on top and drizzle with tatziki sauce
– 1 cup Greek Yogurt (Vegan substitute also works)
– 1/4 cup Cucumber, peeled, small diced
– 3 Scallions, whites and greens thinly sliced
– 1 TBSP Lemon Juice
Stir together yogurt, cucumber, scallions, and lemon juice. Great for dipping vegetables or garnishing sandwiches.
Black Bean Fries with Avocado Dipping Sauce
– 4, Gardein Black Bean Burger Patties, cut into 1/4″ strips
– Olive Oil or Coconut Oil Nonstick Spray
– 1/2 Avocado
– 1/4 cup Greek Yogurt (Vegan Substitute Works as Well)
– 1/4 cup Cilantro
– 1 TBSP Lime Zest
– 1 TBSP Sea Salt
– Juice from 1 Lime
Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with non-stick spray. Line black bean burger strips on baking sheet close together but not touching. Spray with non-stick spray. Bake for 20 minutes, until crisp on the outside.
In a food processor combine avocado, greek yogurt, cilantro, lime zest, sea salt, and lime juice. If too thick, thin with water, 1 teaspoon at a time until the desired consistency.