Eating a plant based diet doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice your tastebuds! Why not take them for a flavorful ride instead? Muscle and Fitness Hers recently featured Gardein’s Chick’n Scallopini in their May article about ‘Protein-Packed Vegetarian Packaged Foods’. The article discusses the pros of eating a meatless diet and the many “easy to cook” options that are out there. “When you’re craving scallopini, try Gardein’s Chick’n Scallopini, which is gluten free, seasoned, and ready to be sautéed and added to pastas and veggie dishes.”
Check out these top 5 pros of eating a meatless diet:
- Evidence suggests that eating a diet rich in fruits and vegetables, and a limited amount of red meat can increase longevity.
- Going meatless encourages consumption of plant-based sources of protein, like beans and peas.
- Many people save money by adding meatless meals to their weekly menus. Meatless meals are built around vegetables, beans and grains—instead of meat, which tends to be more expensive.
- Studies show that meat production produces significantly more greenhouse gases than vegetables, including carbon dioxide, methane and nitrous oxide – the three main contributing sources of greenhouse gas.
- Did you know? Going meatless even just once a week can help reduce our carbon footprint and save precious resources like fossil fuels and fresh water.