chick’n teriyaki sushi roll
- 1 tblspvegetable oil
- 1 pkgGardein Teriyaki Chick'n Strips
- 2 tblspteriyaki sauce
- 1nori sheet
- 5 ozsushi rice prepared
- 1 pieceasparagus, blanched
- 3avocado 1/4" slices
- 1 tblspcarrots, matchstick
- 1 tblsppea shoots
- 1 tblsptariyaki sauce
- 1/2 tspblack sesame seed
preparationIn a non-stick pan, heat 1 tblsp of vegetable oil over medium heat.
Fry the gardein teriyaki chick’n Strips for 5-6 minutes, giving a bit of color.
Reduce the heat and add the teriyaki sauce to the pan. Bring sauce to a simmer and transfer the chick’n strips to a cutting board.
While the chick'n strips are cooling, place a nori sheet on a sushi rolling mat with the rough side up. Place 5 oz of sushi rice over the nori mat and sprinkle with black sesame seeds. Then flip the the nori sheet over so that rice is on the bottom.
In the centre of the nori place the teriyaki chick’n strips, avocado, pea shoots, asparagus, and carrots.
6. Lift the mat at the end closest to you and start to roll the sushi pressing the filling as you go to ensure the rolls are tight. Roll completely ensuring the seam is at bottom.
7. Cut rolls into 8 pieces. Drizzle each piece with remaining warm teriyaki sauce from pan
Chef Tip: Serve with wasabi and pickled ginger to enhance the flavour