crispy fishless taco salad
fishless taco salad
- 1 pkg gardein fishless filets
- 2 6“ corn tortillas
- 1 small head red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tbspmayonnaise (or vegan option)
- 2 tbspDijon mustard
- 1 tbspcider vinegar
- 2 tspsriracha
- 1 tspsea salt
- 1 large ripe mango, finely diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeds and ribs removed, minced
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbspfresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsplime juice
- 1/2 tspsea salt
preparationHeat the oven to 425°F. Arrange the fish on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 18-20 minutes, flipping halfway through, until browned and crispy.
On a clean work surface, brush the tortillas lightly with olive oil on both sides. Cut into thin strips and arrange on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake in the oven until golden brown and firm, about 7 minutes. Set aside.
Meanwhile, while the fish and tortillas are in the oven, in a large mixing bowl, toss the cabbage with the scallions, lime juice, mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, sriracha and sea salt until combined.
In a small mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients for the salsa.
Assemble the salad: transfer the cabbage mixture to a serving platter. Top with the mango salsa, tortilla strips, and arrange the crispy fish around the plate. Serve immediately.
***This recipe was created by our friend, Phoebe Lapine!