fishless filet donburi bowl
- 1 pkg gardein fishless filets
- 12 asparagus spears
- 1 cup Japanese short grain rice
- 1 ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seed oil (optional)
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp mirin
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp ginger
- radish, sesame seeds, shredded nori, scallions, Asian mix microgreens.
preparationFor Golden Fishless Filet:
1. Preheat conventional/toaster oven to 425°F.
2. Bake frozen fishless filet on a foil or parchment lined baking sheet for 10-12 minutes (oven) or 12-14 minutes (toaster oven) per side until golden brown, crisp and hot throughout. (Oven temperatures may vary).
1. Cut asparagus spears lengthways and blanch or steam until bright green. Be careful not to overcook.
2. Thinly slice or grate carrot. Serve raw or lightly steamed.
1. Rinse rice several times in a fine mesh sieve to remove excess starch.
2. Combine rice and 1 ¼ cup water in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and cook covered for 12-15 minutes.
3. Remove rice from heat and allow to sit, covered, for an additional 10 minutes.
4. Fluff rice with a fork and add toasted sesame oil if desired.
1. Combine soy sauce, mirin, sugar and ginger in a small sauce pan.
2. Bring to a boil and immediately reduce heat. Allow sugar to dissolve and sauce to thicken to desired consistency. (Extra sauce may be stored in the refrigerator).
1. Arrange Fishless Filet and vegetables over rice and drizzle with sauce.
2. Garnish with sliced radish, scallions, sesame seeds, shredded nori and microgreens.
3. Serve with additional sauce on the side to be added if desired.