- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter (vegan option available)
- 1/4 cup carrots, diced
- 1/4 cup celery, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp fine sea salt
- 2 tspblack pepper, coarse
- 1/4 tspred chili flakes
- 1/2 cupwhite wine (chardonnay)
- 24 ozmarinara sauce
- 1 pkggarden beefless ground
- 16 ozrigatoni or penne pasta
- 1 tbsp italian parsley, chopped
- 2 tbspparmesan cheese (or vegan option)
preparationIn a sauce pot over medium high heat, add olive oil and butter.
Add carrot, celery, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, and red chili flakes into pot and sauté until onions are translucent. Add white wine and cook for 5 minutes until wine is slightly reduced. Add the marinara sauce and cook on low for 15 minutes. In the last 5 minutes of cooking add beefless ground. Adjust consistency of sauce with a little bit of water if needed.
Meanwhile cook rigatoni or penne pasta according to directions on box.
Toss cooked pasta with bolognese sauce. Garnish with parsley and or parmesan cheese.
Chefs Tip: Stir in 2 Tbsp fresh chopped basil in the last 30 seconds of cooking for an extra burst of flavor.