grilled chick’n scallopini w/ chimichurri
making the chimichurri sauce
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper, small dice
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds, toasted and ground in mortar and pestle
- 1 tbspsweet paprika
- 1 tbspdry oregano
- 1 1/2 tspdried red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tspground black pepper
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tbspred wine vinegar
- 1/2 cupextra-virgin olive oil
grilling the chick'n and serving
- 4 pieces gardein chick'n scallopini
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- to tastesea salt
- to tasteground black pepper,
preparationIn a medium-sized bowl, whisk the salt and warm water together to dissolve; set aside. Once the salt has dissolved, add all of the ingredients except the olive oil. Gently whisk in the olive oil. Taste for seasoning, adding more salt if desired. Place in a clean jar with a tight-fitting lid and store in the refrigerator. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Heat the grill to a medium-high heat. Brush each scallopini with oil and season each side with salt and pepper. Place chick’n on the grill and heat on both sides until cooked through.
To serve the scallopini, slice the grilled chick’n on the bias and plate. Spoon some of the chimichurri down the center of the plate and serve family-style. Alternatively, pour the sauce over the whole scallopini and enjoy with your favorite sides.