- 1 pkg gardein teriyaki chick'n strips
- 1-2 tbsp peanut oil
- 1 small yellow onion, julienne cut
- 1/4 cup fresh lemongrass, finely chopped, outer leaves and root end removed, pale-green parts only
- 1/2 tbspjalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 tbspgarlic, minced
- 1 tbspfish-less fish sauce
- 1fresh green chili, thinly sliced (optional)
preparationTear each chick'n strip in half to make nice size pieces. Heat a wok over high heat. Once hot, add the oil, followed by the chick’n strips — you may need to cook the chick'n in 2 batches.
Toss and continue to cook the chick'n until it has nicely browned on all sides. Remove the strips and set aside.
Next, add a touch more oil, if needed, followed by the onions. Let the onions cook for about a minute and then add the lemongrass, jalapeño and garlic.
Cook the aromatics for a minute or so, then add the chick’n and gently toss to combine.
Next, add the fishless fish sauce as well as the gardein teriyaki sauce pack .
Toss to evenly coat the ingredients in the sauce and serve immediately.
If desired, top with sliced chili and serve with your favorite noodle or rice dish.