meatless meatball pesto sliders
- 1 pkg gardein meatless meatballs
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 8-10sliders buns
- 3 cups fresh basil, compressed
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cupwater
- 3 tbsppine nuts
- 1 tsprock salt
preparationTo make pesto
1. Wash and remove the leaves from 2 bunches of basil (about 3 cups of leaves packed down). Toss the stems. Put the leaves in your blender or food processor.
2. Add the garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, water, pine nuts and rock salt.
3. Blend slowly at first, then amp it up until it resembles well, pesto. You may have to scrape down the sides a few times.
1. Heat Gardein meatless meatballs according to package instructions.
2. Heat marinara sauce and adjust seasoning (salt, garlic, basil).
3. Slice buns and put a few tablespoons of marinara on the bottom bun, 1-3 meatless meatballs on top, and a few tablespoons of pesto on the top bun before you place it on top. If you have small buns with a single meatball, put at appetizer stick through the bun and meatless meatball to hold it all together.
***This recipe was created by our friend, Marmaladegrenade.com - thanks!