mini enchilada bowls
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 pkg gardein scallopini or teriyaki chick'n strips
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 3/4 cup enchilada sauce, homemade or jarred
- 1/2 cupshredded sharp cheddar (or vegan option)
- 1/2 cupmonterey jack cheese (or vegan option)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- to taste black beans
- to taste cilantro, chopped
- to tasteavocado, diced
- to tastegreen chillies, chopped
preparationPreheat oven to 350ºF.
Sauté scallopini from frozen in a non stick pan over medium heat for 1 minute on each side. Add 3 Tbsp of water (per 2 pieces) cover for 2 minutes. Uncover, turn and cook for an additional minute. Tear with fork and knife. Set aside to cool.
Press wonton wrappers into cups of a mini muffin pan to form "cups," being sure the edges do not fold in. Bake for 5 minutes, then remove from oven.
Meanwhile, stir together shredded scallopini or chick’n strips with enchilada sauce in a mixing bowl until combined. Divide mixture evenly among the baked wonton cups until they are full. Sprinkle with shredded cheese before baking again until cheese is melted and filling is heated through, 5 minutes. Garnish with sliced green onions.
If using optional ingredients, either stir them into the enchilada sauce mixture or set aside to scatter on top just before serving.