pasta alfredo with walnut parmesan
- 1 pound uncooked tubular pasta
- 2 cups raw, unsalted cashews, soaked in water for 1 hour
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- to tastesalt and pepper
- for garnishchopped fresh basil
- ½ cup walnut parmesan
- 1 pkggardein chick'n strips
- ½ cup raw walnuts
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Boil pasta according to package directions, rinse with cold water, and transfer to a large bowl.
- Once the cashews have soaked for an hour, drain them and rinse well. Next, place the cashews, broth, garlic, nutritional yeast, vinegar, and salt and pepper in a high-speed blender, and blend until thick and creamy. ( A food processor will do the trick, but a high-powered blender will make the sauce perfectly creamy smooth.) The sauce should be about as thick as pancake batter.
- Taste and adjust to seasonings. Pour the sauce over the pasta, and stir to coat.
- Gardein chickn strips, cooked according to the directions and sliced.
- Serve the pasta in shallow bowls, sprinkled with fresh basil (or any fresh herbs you prefer) and a couple tablespoons of Walnut Parmesan.
Directions- Walnut Parmesan:
- Blend all the ingredients in a food processor until finely chopped but still crumbly. Store in refrigerator for up to a month.
***This recipe was created by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau.