spicy teriyaki chick'n tacos
quick pickled veggies
- ½ cup daikon radish, peeled and thinly julienned
- ½ cup carrot, peeled and thinly julienned
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- ⅓ cupwhite vinegar
- 6 oz. hot water
- pinchof salt
hot sesame sriracha mayo
- ¼ cup vegan mayo
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tspsriracha hot sauce
- 10 oz. pkg gardein teriyaki chickn strips
- 4 corn tortillas, toasted lightly
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
- ¼ cupcilantro leaves, loosely packed
- ¼ cupmint leaves, loosely packed
Place all ingredients into a 12 oz. jar or container and shake until the sugar is dissolved. Chill in a refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
Hot Sesame Sriracha Mayo
Whisk together all ingredients in a small bowl and refrigerate until ready to assemble tacos.
Prepare the Gardein Teriyaki Chick'n Strips according to the package (roughly 10 minutes all together).
Lay out the tortillas for assembly. Divide the gardein between the four tortillas, then top each taco with roughly 2-3 tablespoons of pickled veggies, a few leaves of cilantro and mint, as many jalapeño slices as you prefer, and a tablespoon or more of the sriracha mayo sauce.
***This recipe was created by the Vegan Yack Attack.