spring fresh salad
- 2 cupssugar snap peas, julienne cut
- 1 cupasparagus slices (1 inch)
- 2 tblspolive oil, extra virgin
- 1 pkggardein scallopini
- 1/2 cupvegetable stock
- 2 tblspwhite wine, dry
- 2 tspbutter (vegan option available)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tspblack pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tblspmint chopped1 tbsp
- 1/2 tsplemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 4lemon wedges
preparationFor the salad:
Steam pea and asparagus, covered 2 minutes or until just tender crisp. Immerse peas and asparagus in ice bath to cool; drain and set aside.
For the chick’n:
Sauté scallopini from frozen in a non stick pan over medium heat for 1 minute on each side. Add 3 Tbsp of water (per 2 pieces) cover for 2 minutes. Uncover, turn and cook for an additional minute. Set aside.
For the sauce
Add broth and wine to pan and bring to a boil. Cook until reduced to 1/3 cup, remove from heat and whisk in butter.
Assemble the dish:
Combine the salt, pepper, mint, 1 tblsp olive oil, zest, and juice, stirring well with a whisk. Drizzle oil mixture over pea mixture and toss gently to coat. Serve pea mixture with chick’n and sauce.
Garnish with lemon wedges.