sweet & sour porkless lettuce cups
- 2 Tbsp mayo (or vegan option)
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsprice vinegar
- 1/4 tspgarlic powder
- 1/4 cup julienned daikon radish
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1/4 cupjulienned broccoli stalk
- 1 Tbsprice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp cooking oil
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red or yellow pepper
- 1 Tbspdiced fresh jalapeño
- 1 pkggardein porkless bites
- 8 leaves butter lettuce
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- garnishtoasted sesame seeds
1. In a small bowl, whisk together all of the aioli ingredients until combined and very smooth. Place in refrigerator until ready to use.
1. In a mixing bowl, toss radish, carrots, cabbage, broccoli stalk, rice vinegar and salt together until combined. Place in refrigerator until ready for plating.
Warm oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Place onion, bell pepper and jalapeño in pan and saute for 2 minutes. Add porkless bites to the pan and saute mixture for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the bites start to brown. Add sauce to pan and cook for 2 more minutes over medium-low
Lay the 8 lettuce cups out and divide porkless mixture between them, then top with slaw, drizzle with aioli and garnish with green onions and toasted sesame seeds. Serve immediately.
***This recipe was created by our friend, Vegan Yack Attack!