tropical chipotle fingers
- 1 pkggardein chipotle lime crispy fingers
- 1 tblspcanola oil
- 1/2 tspcumin, ground
- 1/2 cupred onion, 1/4" diced
- 1garlic clove, peeled and finely diced
- 1/4 tspsalt
- 1/4 tsppeppet
- 2 cupsblack beans and reserved juice
- 2 cupsprepared brown rice
- 1/2 cupprepared tropical fruit salad
- 4cilantro sprigs
For the gardein chipotle lime crispy finger:
Cook chipotle lime crispy fingers according to cooking instructions on package.
For the mexican black beans:
Heat canola oil in a non stick fry pan over medium heat.
When oil ripples add cumin, red onion, garlic and salt and pepper. Sweat onions and garlic for 2 minutes until garlic is fragrant and onions are translucent.
Add the black beans and reserved juices and cook for 5-7 minutes until most of the liquid has evaporated and beans are hot.
Assemble the dish:
Spoon hot rice and black beans onto serving plate.
Place 3 chipotle lime crispy chick’n fingers over rice and beans, garnish with tropical fruit salsa and cilantro sprigs.