Welcome back! This week we have our last 5 tips from our friend, nutritionist and author, Heather Bauer, to supercharge your body for 2015. Here’s to a healthy and happy year full of Gardein!
11) Diversify your proteins- Plant proteins like gardein offer a wide variety of products that deliver the taste, texture, and nutrition of meat and are made from non-GMO soy and wheat, ancient grains like quinoa, amaranth, millet and kamut as well as veggies. Enjoy your protein with less fat, less calories and no cholesterol in this amazing quick chick’n chili recipe!
12) Switch it up to shake it off – Get out there and shake off those holiday pounds with something new! The best way to stay engaged in working out is to switch it up. Change keeps your mind interested and maximizes the results in your muscles. Try a fun, new workout like trapeze yoga, cycling, treadmill training, or aerial yoga.
13) Savor seaweed- Haven’t tried it yet? 2015 is the year because new options are readily available. Seaweed has been trending for a while because you can get your daily dose of iron from seaweed noodles, seaweed stix or seaweed crackers. Seaweed is also popping up in chips, popcorn and other foods because of its health benefits.
14) Eat more coconut- This is a biggie for 2015! From shredded coconut to coconut chips, coconut oil, butter and, of course, coconut water. Coconut is rich in vitamins and minerals, including magnesium (helps with energy and endurance), lauric acid (has immune boosting properties) and medium chain fatty acids (have been shown to help fight obesity). Coconut water is a great hydrator for shorter workouts especially because it is so rich in potassium and low in sodium. When it comes to baking, coconut flour is a fantastic alternative to traditional flour because it has 5 g of fiber per 2 Tbsp and adding it to baked goods can help lower the glycemic index.
15) Fitness tracking and wearables- Telemetry is a tech trend that includes wristbands people wear to track every daily activity/movement. Increased and improved apps and devices are great for accountability and motivation. It keeps your diet and training organized and has sharing and group options so you can cheer on your friends. Learning about your progress and results is also the best way to continue improving and maximizing your results.
Heather Bauer has been featured on Good Morning America, CNN, CBS, The Talk, Access Hollywood Live, and The Tyra Banks Show, as well as the NY Times, Wall Street Journal, and People Magazine.